Amy Kenny is a writer and visual/textile artist.
She earned a journalism degree from Ryerson University in 2004 and currently lives in Hamilton, Ontario where, among other things, she works as a reporter for The Hamilton Spectator.
The nuts and bolts of her professional life can be found below.
Fiction and poetry have appeared in…
– Monday Magazine (second place in annual short fiction contest 2006)
- Room (first place in annual short fiction contest 2010)
- Awarded an Ontario Arts Council Writers’ Reserve grant in 2011
- The Antigonish Review
Paintings have been displayed at…
- Art Gallery of Hamilton Fall Art Sale
- Loose Canon Gallery
- Hamilton Artists Inc.
- My Dog Joe
- Mixed Media
- Volunteer Hamilton
- Hamilton Timeraiser
- Casbah Lounge
- Vibewrangler Studio.
Textile art has sold/currently sells at…
- Outdoor Art Show and Sale at Toronto’s Queen West Art Crawl
- Hillside Festival and Hillside Inside
- White Elephant in Hamilton, Ontario
- Love, Me Boutique in Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Propeller Clothing, Ltd. in Penticton, B.C.
- The Snug, Inc. in the Isle of Man
- Downtown Bike Hounds in Hamilton, Ontario
- Online at Crown Land
*Beautiful background action provided, free of charge, by Lost and Taken*